Wednesday 11 December 2013

Day 18 - Alba lulia to Bucharest (by train)

Another wonderful breakfast was had at my pension. When it was time to leave I thanked the owner and his son for their kind hospitality before heading off to the train station. I left a little earlier than was needed as I wanted to take a few photographs of the cemetery near the station as the sun was rising. Unfortunately it was a cloudy morning!


Cemetery in Alba lulia 


Cemetery in Alba lulia


My train to Bucharest was on time, but it was a very slow journey with the train arriving late at 5:30 pm. As I was quite tired I decided to book in at the nearby Das President Hotel again (90 lei). My room this time was much nicer and didn't smell of stale cigarette smoke!

I later went out for something to eat and settled for the nearby 'Subway' again, and made use of their free Wi-Fi. I later headed back to my hotel to sort myself out for the journey back to England in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment